Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wedding deprivation

Missing one of your best friend's wedding is something I recently discovered to be an event which could make a dheet i.e., obstinate person like me regret her idiocy; and not for the sake of missing the tasty chicken curry and rice so conventional in Lahori shadis. When F called me a few days prior to her wedding I was fully excited until the faces of my nemesis, who'd be attending the wedding too, came floating by. I did my best to push them away behind my pretty brown lehnga that I was supposed to wear, but the obstinacy!! Not attending F's shadi had been my own decision but at the appointed time while I played Rayman at my home, I imagined her on that stage smiling in a dress whose color was supposed to be surprise. Although, I think she did tell me the color. But I had forgotten it altogether. All I could think of was if she missed me or not. Did she once try to find me in the crowd. Such questions are supposed to be rhetorical but in the desperation of that lonesome time I answered them myself. I was dead sure she was least bothered about anyone at the occasion. While washing the dishes I cursed my nemesis and then my idiocy, and then my obstinacy and again my idiocy. I had been such an idiot.
She's going to get married only once, and I have graciously deprived myself of the prestige of seeing her pictures. May Allah bless F with the happiest life possible [Ameen], but whattay moron i've been.
Lesson learnt: Never miss a friend's wedding, no matter whattttt. It's painful to know everyone's there and enjoying. They're going to talk about it whenever everyone gathers and you will be the idiot who doesn't know anything because they were too dumb-ass when they shouldn't have been so.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to slap you, and then 10 times more. When will you learn to listen to me? Meri baat maana karo bachay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he. I would like to slap myself too. :[ Shuker hai waqt per aqal aa gayee werna convocation b jana tha mera. ;-D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments but as i do not want anyone shitting in my blog so all comments are moderated.
Cheerio and Carry on!