Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This is me, Not Satan



I made friends and confided to them. I confided to them about my past, my present, my future, my aims, my desires, my deepest and darkest follies and they interpreted my life and me through it. They consoled me and preached me away from sin. They were concerned and sincere and so they called my insanity, sanity. They smiled in front of me and smirked behind me. They laughed in front of me and yawned behind me. They patted my back when I was on the verge of falling into a pit. They were happy at my success, but at my back they loathed me for what I was and what I did.


I met people who wanted to kill me. I met them and tasted sincerity for the first time because those people; my enemies wanted to kill me in front of me, behind me, at my left and at my right. They hated me whether I was sane or insane. They loathed me whether I was beautiful or ugly. I met and I learned but still I yearned for more. To see more of God’s most perfect piece of art. From inside and outside. Each time I met someone new I made a fresh discovery, a fresh start.

I learned what relationships are. What they mean and what they bring. It is advised to keep friends close but enemies closer. The reasons for the generation of this concept might be different but what my experience has taught me is that knowing your enemies better brings consolation, a consolation that there is someone that accepts you as you are. They don’t expect you to pretend or wear a disguise. In the famous cartoon series Phineas and Ferb, Perry and Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the arch enemies appeared to be the gloomiest when the nemesis Perry, hurt by the swindling of Dr. Evil refuses to be his nemesis anymore leaving Dr. Evil dejected and unhappy with a new rival. The concept of holding your enemies precious appears to be absurd but a comparison of friends and enemy often brings out a thought. The originality in the relationship between us and our enemies is way greater than between friends and us. Probably that is the reason why we often lose track of friends but never let our enemies leave our heart barren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments but as i do not want anyone shitting in my blog so all comments are moderated.
Cheerio and Carry on!