Saturday, February 18, 2012

What Have you Engraved on my Palm

I can see myself crawling;
With broken bones,
My mouth is drooling.
I am the one in the corner.
Filth covers my hands.
Mucus, my eyes.
Never will it wear off.

I knew this would come,
with the stagnant pond
In which I was born
The chains of spirituality [and status quo]
Were clung deep in my heart.

My belly needs food,
My feet need shoes.
[I know you aren't wearing no shoes either but it is your own choice]
My hands need something lush to hold,
So let me break away;
From the ties of helplessness,
From this web of fate:
That you have engraved on my palm.

I hate to be what I am.
I don't want to be you either.
I want to be what I can be;
What I was meant to be.
Let go of my hands,
Let me be free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments but as i do not want anyone shitting in my blog so all comments are moderated.
Cheerio and Carry on!